The nice thing about this dish (and a lot of other quinoa based dishes, like this one) is that it’s super easy to prepare, and doesn’t require a ton of pots and pans. In fact, this dish is one of those one-pot classics!
Curried Quinoa Salad with Mango
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (can use vegetable stock if you want to make this vegetarian)
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 mango – peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
Bring chicken stock, quinoa, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, anywhere from 15-25 minutes- so keep checking. Once done, scrape the quinoa into a shallow dish and allow to cool to room temperature. Stir in the mango and green onions. Serve either at room temperature or cold.